-
February 4th, 2006, 01:05 PM
#1
Jane Hart
Guest
When did the white bodied dolls come out?
There are tan bodied dolls that came out in 1986 right?
thanks
-
February 4th, 2006, 02:06 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Others here may know better but my impression is that the white-bodied dolls were the "first run" dolls made in what was then West Germany in 1986, the year the Pleasant Company launched American Girl. I purchased Sam from the first catalog in Sept. 1986, and she is white-bodied. I don't know if every 1986 doll was white-bodied but I think the transition to tan happened very quickly. Other very early dolls, such as my tan-bodied 1987 Kirsten, have trademark labels dated 1986 but that doesn't mean the specific doll was manufactured in 1986.
-
February 5th, 2006, 12:08 AM
#3
Inactive Member
My Kirsten (1987) and Sam (1988) are both white bodied. Felicity (1992) is flesh colored bodied (NOT tan).
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks